artist – printmaker – designer
“I was born in 1963 in the Sutherland Shire, Sydney, and have been living in the Northern Rivers, NSW since 1990.
I grew up surrounded by, and exploring, the Sydney bushland. It is these experiences that have provided the passion, inspiration & obsession for wildflowers and nature which dominate my artwork. As Claude Monet said “I must have flowers, always, and always.”
A strong love and practice of drawing provides me with the foundation for the creation of my artwork. Alongside drawing, linocuts have become my predominant focus.
The medium of linocut requires me to refine my vision into shapes & textures that can be carved in lino extending my focus from the strong attention to fine detail within my drawing, to a more simplified graphic quality.
I use this strong graphic quality of the linocut print, alongside the freedom of colour expression of hand colouring, to explore colour and design. Further, I use photography & gardening to extend and enhance my vision to more closely explore my subject matter.
My aim is to produce beautiful artworks with strong vibrant designs that inspire people to look more closely to observe & look after the natural world.”
lynette weir – wildflowerings design
Traditional Printmaking – Limited Edition Handpainted Linocuts
Drawings – Illustrations – pen & ink – pencil – watercolour
Licensing artworks – companies – individuals – products – design – contact – copyright
- 1998 – 2013 Kolinda Gallery NSW
- 1999 – 2000 Sunset Gallery Port Macquarie NSW
- 2000 – 2014 Eltham Village Gallery Eltham NSW
- 2001 – 2002 Persephone’s Window Byron Bay NSW
- 2001 – 2013 Articles Fine Art Gallery Stanwell Park NSW
- 2001 Hazelhurst Regional Community Gallery ‘Florafed’ Exhibition
- 2001 – 2002 Gallery on Lurline Katoomba NSW
- 2004 – 2007 Evergalde Leura National Trust NSW
- 2010 – 2013 Day Fine Art Blackheath NSW
- 2017 ‘Imaginings’ A Print Exchange Folio & Exhibition Curated by Rona Green – Neospace
- 2014 Group Exhibition ‘Wildflowers & Birds’ Northern Rivers Community Gallery, Ballina
- 2013 Group Exhibition – ‘Wildflowers’ – Northern Rivers Community Gallery, Ballina NSW
- 2004 Kolinda Gallery Alstonville
- 2004 Featured Artist Australian Celtic Festival Art Exhibition Glen Innes NSW
- 2003 Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital Palliative Care Community Art Project Celtic Art
- 2003 Capercaillie Winery & Gallery Hunter Valley NSW
- 2003 Parc Menai Celtic Festival Sutherland Shire Council
- 2002 Persephones Window, Byron Bay
- 2001 Persephones Window, Byron Bay
- 2001 Featured Artist ‘Florafed ‘ Sutherland Shire Council Centenary of Federation & Heritage Festival Hazelhurst Regional Gallery and Arts Centre Community Gallery
- 2000 Group Exhibition ‘State of the Waratah’ Olympic Arts Festival, Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney
- 1998 – 2002 Various group & solo exhibitions – Kolinda Gallery, Alstonville